Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Welcome Guest Blogger Kelly McClymer

WHY I WRITE YA:


The time of transition into adulthood fascinates me. I remember my own, my sisters', my friends', and my children's. There's so much I observed and love exploring. The YA readers are less cynical, in my opinion. They are more open to new perspectives and the experiences of others. I hope readers get a laugh or two, a groan of recognition, and a reaffirmation that 'this too shall pass.'



FIVE PHRASES OR WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU:
quiet,
analytical,
wry,
gentle,
in pursuit of joy

FIVE PEOPLE OR THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME:
Gandhi,
Martin Luther King Jr.,
J.K. Rowling,
my children,
my parents (is that cheating? :-) )


FIVE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS:
Kurt Vonnegut,
Ray Bradbury,
Harper Lee,
J.K. Rowling,
Lois Lowry (there are sooooo many more).

FIVE FACTS ABOUT MY HEROES:
they are all capable,whether they know it or not;
they are all compassionate;
they are all curious (very curious!);
they all have a dream;
they'd do anything for those they love.

FIVE REASONS TO READ MY BOOKS:
to laugh,
to think,
to remind yourself that dreams are gifts to be cherished,
to be surprised,
and
to remind yourself that everyone of us is flawed but lovable at heart.

Kelly McClymer

3 comments:

danetteb said...

Welcome Kelly,
I enjoy your books because they remind me of when I was in high school and eventhough your books are set in a magical place, you deal with regular teenage issues.
Hugs, Danette

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMM I'D LOVE TO WN MARY J'S BOOK!

LINDA B

danetteb said...

Hi Linda,
Good luck to you...I'm a big MJ fan and I can't wait til next month.*g*
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hugs, Danette