Friday, August 10, 2007

Fantastic Fives on Anny Cook

Five phrases or words that describe you:


Cautious,
Caring,
Cheerful,
Creative,
Cool

Five people and/or things that inspire you:

My family (actually, there are five of them--husband and four kids),
my friends,
my fellow authors,
my editor,
and my memories.

Five of your favorite authors:

Oh, man, only five?
Cindy Pape because she has a way with geeks,
Amarinda Jones because she definitely has a way with CEOs!,
Janice Bennett--mystery writer with excellence,
Louis L'Amour--his books defined real men and real women--people with honor and integrity, and...
Mercedes Lackey--my first real experience with fantasy.

Describe five of your heroes/heroines of your books through your eyes:


Oh, wow. Okay,
1) Dancer from Dancer's Delight was my first hero. He's been in my head forever. He's strong and vulnerable, talented and humble, loving and sexy.
2) Eppie from Dancer's Delight is a heroine because she dared to go with her heart even when it put her life in danger.
3) Arano from Cherished Destinies because he had the vision and patience to wait for his dream love.
4) Arturo--his twin--who had the courage to go on and seek love after suffering a devastating loss.
5) And finally, Chrysanthemum from the book of that title. She had the courage and enthusiasm to go wherever Gareth led her.

Five reasons to read your books:

Laughter,
Love,
Joy,
Intrigue,
and Fantasy


Anny Cook -- Simmering Romance with a Smile Chrysanthemum now at EC
Dancer's Delight now at CP Traveller's Refuge 8/10/2007 EC


http://www.annycook.com
http://www.annycook.blogspot.com
http://blog.myspace.com/annycook
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

6 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

Fun facts!

I'm with you on Louis L'amour. I haven't read many of his books, but I read all the Sackett series years ago.

danetteb said...

Hi Anny,
Thank you for being here.
I have a question.
Do you have a special memory that you'd like to share that has inspired you?
Hugs, Danette

Anny Cook said...

NJ, I love the Sacketts and still have them all on my shelf. When I get a bit stale and draggy, I haul them down as a pick-me-up. If you get a chance read his book Last of the Breed. Now there is an alpha male to die for.

Anny Cook said...

Danette, Hmmm. Memory? All sorts. Romantic memory? For our 27th anniversary, we were dead broke (as usual as our anniversary is the week before Christmas--40 years this year!) Anyway, my daughter asked me what we were going to do. I said "nothing". So that day when we arrived home after work, she shooed us into our room. In a little while she called us out. The table was set with candles and lace cloth. Soft music. No lights. And dinner. So that was our anniversary dinner. Cool, huh? Special is what you make it.

danetteb said...

Aww..sweet,thanks for sharing.*g*
Hugs, Danette

Anny Cook said...

Thank you for having me! I surely enjoyed it!