Finishing off my week of Fantastic Fives is an author who has had me laughing and held in suspense at times while reading her books. I'm always left satisfied and wanting to read more.....
Fantastic Fives on Beth Ciotta
Five phrases or words that describe you:
5. Animal lover!
Five people and/or things that inspire you:
1. Anyone who pursues their dream
2. People who stand up for the oppressed
3. My husband and his family
4. My family and my friends
5. A riveting book or movie
Five of your favorite authors:
Oh, this is tough. I admire and enjoy the stories of many different authors.
Yikes. Okay. I’ll name the five who I have most recently read.
1. Nora Roberts
2. Sandra Brown
3. Robert B. Parker
4. Stuart Woods
5. Lara Adrian
Describe five of your heroes/heroines of your books in your eyes :
All of my heroes and heroines possess some or several qualities that I admire. I’d be flattered to call any of my heroines ‘friend’ and if any of my heroes crossed my path in real life, I’d swoon or drool or something equally embarrassing. Hard to highlight just five, but here goes…
1. Afia St. John – my heroine in JINXED. I love her because she is
tolerant and kind and terribly insecure. This pampered-rich-girl runs deep.
2. Lulu Ross – my heroine in CHARMED. She’s an optimistic free-spirit
who believes the best in the worst of people.
3. Joe Bogart – my hero in SEDUCED. Tortured hero with a capital ‘T’.
Strong and caring. S-e-x-y.
4. Arch Duvall – my hero in ALL ABOUT EVIE. A badboy trying to do the
right thing. Scottish accent, hypnotic eyes, killer body. Need I say more?
5. Evie Parish – my heroine in ALL ABOUT EVIE. Imagine not being able to
do what you feel you were born to do. Imagine losing work and your husband to younger women. Imagine a goody-two-shoes performer rediscovering passion—personally and professionally—with a reformed con-artist. Evie may be insecure and a tad cynical, but she’s a survivor.
Five reasons to read your books:
1. Strong, sexy heroes
2. Complex, sympathetic heroines
3. Quirky, but lovable secondary characters
4. Lots of humor and a little suspense
5. Because my stories will fill you with hope and joy