Saturday, May 5, 2007

Fantastic Fives on Beth Ciotta

Finishing off my week of Fantastic Fives is an author who has had me laughing and held in suspense at times while reading her books. I'm always left satisfied and wanting to read more.....
Fantastic Fives on Beth Ciotta

Five phrases or words that describe you:

1. Cheerful
2. Tolerant
3. Driven
4. Kind
5. Animal lover!


Five people and/or things that inspire you:

1. Anyone who pursues their dream
2. People who stand up for the oppressed
3. My husband and his family
4. My family and my friends
5. A riveting book or movie

Five of your favorite authors:

Oh, this is tough. I admire and enjoy the stories of many different authors.
Yikes. Okay. I’ll name the five who I have most recently read.


1. Nora Roberts
2. Sandra Brown
3. Robert B. Parker
4. Stuart Woods
5. Lara Adrian

Describe five of your heroes/heroines of your books in your eyes :

All of my heroes and heroines possess some or several qualities that I admire. I’d be flattered to call any of my heroines ‘friend’ and if any of my heroes crossed my path in real life, I’d swoon or drool or something equally embarrassing. Hard to highlight just five, but here goes…

1. Afia St. John – my heroine in JINXED. I love her because she is
tolerant and kind and terribly insecure. This pampered-rich-girl runs deep.
2. Lulu Ross – my heroine in CHARMED. She’s an optimistic free-spirit
who believes the best in the worst of people.
3. Joe Bogart – my hero in SEDUCED. Tortured hero with a capital ‘T’.
Strong and caring. S-e-x-y.
4. Arch Duvall – my hero in ALL ABOUT EVIE. A badboy trying to do the
right thing. Scottish accent, hypnotic eyes, killer body. Need I say more?
5. Evie Parish – my heroine in ALL ABOUT EVIE. Imagine not being able to
do what you feel you were born to do. Imagine losing work and your husband to younger women. Imagine a goody-two-shoes performer rediscovering passion—personally and professionally—with a reformed con-artist. Evie may be insecure and a tad cynical, but she’s a survivor.

Five reasons to read your books:

1. Strong, sexy heroes
2. Complex, sympathetic heroines
3. Quirky, but lovable secondary characters
4. Lots of humor and a little suspense
5. Because my stories will fill you with hope and joy

Beth Ciotta
www.bethciotta.com

3 comments:

Beth Ciotta said...

Danette, thank you so much for the feature. The Fantastic Fives was fun! If anyone has a question, fire away. I'll check in throughout the day.

:) Beth

danetteb said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for blogging with me, I was hooked on you books once I read Charmed, I was a little sad that the series had to end, but I got my copy of All About Evie and I look forward to reading it soon.
You're books are always fun to read.
Do you think you'll write a young adult book in the future?

Beth Ciotta said...

Hi Danette, I know what you mean about being sad when that particular trilogy ended. It was hard for me to say goodbye to that cast of characters. Luckily, I've very happily connected with the cast of ALL ABOUT EVIE. I do hope you enjoy the read! She's got two more books to go. :)

As for writing a YA, funny you should ask. I have always felt that at some point or another I will write a Junior Fiction or Young Adult book, however it will most likely be of a fairy tale or paranomal nature. I look forwardto dipping my toes in those waters... someday. *g*