Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Ocean

I was over at the Plot Monkeys blog and Julies question of the day got me thinking,she wanted to know where everyone's peaceful place is,so if you read their blog this might be a repeat for you with a little more.

My peaceful place is anywhere close to the ocean,right now I live in Hawaii, so it's easy when I'm stressed to go sit at the beach and just watch and listen to the waves. I used to live in the Bay Area, CA and there wasn't too much wave action going on in the bay,so I would go to San Francisco or Santa Cruz. My favorite place was Santa Cruz,when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter I'd drive a little over an hour down to Santa Cruz at around 2-3 o'clock in the morning,I'd park in this little parking lot that overlooked the boardwalk.It was beautiful seeing the moonlight on the ocean and hearing the waves crashing on the rocks.My cousin spent the night at my house one night,I was around eight months pregnant and I woke her up in the middle of the night to go to Santa Cruz,she thought it was a crazy pregnant thing,but I still go to the the beach to find my peace. I just realised during this post why one of my daughters middle names is Kailani,it means lover of the ocean. If Julie Leto is reading this thank you for posting about your peaceful place. I'd love to hear about everyone elses peaceful place, if you'd like to share.















Santa Cruz,Ca
















Windward Side,Oahu

No comments: